DIY Party Hat Cupcake Toppers! #20yrsofswirls.
Magnolia Bakery Turns 20 on July 14 and our Creative Director, Linda Facci, put together a fun and easy birthday craft for us! You can celebrate any birthday by decorating a cupcake with this simple and festive craft. You might have all the materials on hand without having to visit a craft store. #20yrsofswirls
Party Hat Cupcake Topper DIY
Lid or circle template
Scissors (scallop or pinking shears optional)
1. Gather your materials
2. Fold paper in half, trace around your lid to create about a 4” circle. Cut out to create 4 circles.
3. Once all circles are cut, fold circle in half, cut in half, then trim edge with fancy scissor
4. Cut into ribbons a few times so it’s easier to split your ribbon in narrow strips.
5. Gather one of each color and cut length of ribbon to about 2.5”. Tape to center of your half circle.
6. Roll up to create a cone and tape closed.
7. Slightly curl the ends of the ribbon with the edge of your scissor.
Place on top of birthday cupcakes.
• Try using colored or patterned paper
• Use leftover wrapping paper
• Write the name or age of the birthday person on the hat
• Decorate the paper with markers, then roll.
• Use glitter to add some sparkle
• Create the hats in different sizes